Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Gorgorogorca has connected.
Threden has connected.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( :E ))
Yuu Inohara has connected.
Franky has connected.
Crixsara: Crixsara recovers 7 HP.
Lance Brandt: doot
Tilus has connected.
Gorgorogorca: derp
Zorya Whiteshield: Where did all my macros go? D:
Crixsara: Nowhere. They're still on your token.
Lance Brandt: (( did you save your token after inputting them? ))
Zorya Whiteshield 1: There they are
Zorya Whiteshield 1: ((They weren't on the token I had before I placed the new one down. ))
Zorya Whiteshield 1:
Shield of Faith • Minor Action - Close Burst 5 • Divine
God! Shield yas boys!
Effect: Each creature in the burst gains a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Zorya Whiteshield 1: whoopee~
Crixsara: (( I saw them on the original token... ))
Crixsara: (( You should rename that one, and then move to the right map. ))
Zorya Whiteshield 1: (( I wasn't. :V ))
Fleed has connected.
Fleed: MORNIN', DEARS
Blaine has connected.
Lance Brandt: But its evening!
Anathia Cid: (( and we're not deers ))
Lance Brandt: also is Dungeon Man a big red X for anyone else?
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yes ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Yep. ))
Tilus: (( Yes ))
Lance Brandt: (( kay just makin sure it wasn't just me ))
Tilus: (( Is that earthbound dungeon man? ))
Tilus: (( or is supposed to be? ))
Crixsara: (( BRICKROAD?! ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Can I offer healing pokes? ))
Fleed: Not at immediate, but you'll have time before launching into another fight.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( okay ))
Anathia Cid: (( healing ponies ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( :3 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Half level goes into initiative, right? ))
Fleed: (( Yeah. ))
Tilus: (( Yep ))
Mechalomaniac: (( Did you level last time? ))
Fleed: (( No, we're still L2. ))
Mechalomaniac: (( Oh ok ))
Fleed: Gonna give everyone a minute to get all an' situated.
Anathia Cid: (( okay I just chugged a soda and ate a bunch of chocolate ))
Anathia Cid: (( LET'S DO DIS SHIT ))
Lance Brandt: (( and then furu crashed halfway through ))
Anathia Cid: (( MY EYES ARE BULGING OUT OF MY HEAD ))
Fleed: (( Y'SHAR DO GOTTA LOTTA SUGAR DHAR, B'HAY ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( I has a beers ))
Fleed: Okay...?
Mechalomaniac: (( OK ))
Lance Brandt: (( yarp ))
Anathia Cid: (( LET'S DANCE ))
Tilus: (( Leeeeeeet's gooooo~!! ))
Fleed: GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME
Fleed: LAST TIME
Fleed: KNOWLEDGE WAS POWER
Fleed: YOU BEAT A GIANT ANGRY DOOR TO DEATH WITH A BOOK.
Fleed: I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD OF YOURSELVES.
Tilus: (( That was a door? ))
Crixsara: (( Of course it was. ))
Fleed: The door, still angry even in death, decided that you were all a bunch of idiots for standing on it and broke apart, sending you TUMBLING INTO DAAAARKNEEEEEEEEESS, except it was more of a slope so you didn't actually kind of die horribly on impact.
Crixsara: (( It had a seam where we were SUPPOSED to open it up. ))
Fleed: You're also a bunch of lucky assholes to not get crushed by the pieces of said door as they descended with you, which are now scattered around the oddly torch-lit cavern you find yourselves in.
Anathia Cid: Mother always said I'd fall down a slippery slope but that was ridiculous.
Lance Brandt: (( when suddenly DEMON WALL ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well I'm gonna be in and out all session because my parents chose fucking now to dick around with Xbox LIVE which they don't fucking understand ))
Crixsara: (( We're petrifying Lance to hold the walls in place, right? ))
Lance Brandt: (( so they're the monkeys from 2001? ))
Lance Brandt: (( no ))
Aldun: Oh, dear. Well, that was quite the exciting tumble, wasn't it?
Meryl Kincaid: Yeah, real laugh a minute.
Zorya Whiteshield: "I think I landed on my head..."
* Meryl Kincaid brushes herself off.
Christina DeMarsey: Is anyone hurt?
Crixsara: Good thing I have my wings to slow the fall, *kupo*.
Celia Dunesend: "I'm not sure I would use the word 'exciting' for that little adventure."
Anathia Cid: I'm intact.
* Zorya Whiteshield wobbles around, legs in the air, until she flops over on her back and coughs. "That's my line."
Aldun: Aside from some cuts and scrapes, I believe I'll live.
* Lance Brandt grumbles, brushing himself off, "I've been worse."
Aldun: Aldun recovers 8 HP.
Celia Dunesend: "But it would take a lot more than that to do me in."
Meryl Kincaid: (( To try and save myself this migraine, you need LIVE Gold to Netflix, or does Silver work? Because I'm trying to explain to my dad about LIVE cards and auto-renewal and he's like WANT TV NOW ))
Crixsara: (( It absolutely requires Gold. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Thought so. Sigh. ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( You need gold ))
* Zorya Whiteshield waves her hands in the air, calling down healing on her friends. "Bluh... I think I swallowed a rock."
Crixsara: (( Specifically says so on Netflix's website. And likely does in the app, too. ))
* Zorya Whiteshield coughs and spits out a pebble.
Christina DeMarsey: (( Beyond that it's just going to a website and inputting a code ))
Lance Brandt: (( good news is they haven't caused your xbox to explode yet ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yet. ))
Lance Brandt: (( my step dad blew up (pretty much literally) one of the old xboxes trying to hook it up to his computer or some dumb shit like that . ))
Aldun: ...Hmm.
Lance Brandt: So the hell is this place?
* Aldun seems to be more interested in examining the torches than anything at the moment.
Aldun: I... can't quite say...
Celia Dunesend: "Even all those books you've got in that library of yours say nothing of what's below the temple?"
Anathia Cid: Clearly something we weren't supposed to be able to get into.
* Zorya Whiteshield pulls herself upright and dusts off her robes with a sigh. "I'm going to need more thread and patches."
Aldun: All I know... is that they speak of a "Path to the Crystal" below the shrine. Nothing more.
Zorya Whiteshield: "Should... should we keep going? Or try and climb up?"
* Celia Dunesend looks up. How far would it be to get back up there anyways?
Aldun: We've opened the door, if nothing else...
Lance Brandt: Hnn well after what we've been through now, it'd probably be stupid to just turn back and leave.
Anathia Cid: No point in turning back now.
Fleed: You can... see at least some light from the shrine, way up above, though it looks quite far away.
Aldun: Mm.
Meryl Kincaid: Well y'wanted th' door open.
Meryl Kincaid: S'open. May's well look down here.
Aldun: Yet now, something still blocks our path. Look.
Dungeon Man: D:
Celia Dunesend: "Looks like there's not really much of a way to go back anyways. Yes, let's keep going."
Lance Brandt: (( GIANT X ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Stupid... right..." .__.
Crixsara: (( OH NO, BRICKROAD ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Sorry I brought it up..."
Lance Brandt: Now what's this then?
Anathia Cid: me stays by her fellow old person
* Anathia Cid does that
* Dungeon Man looks like a great big, pearl-and-gilded fence with a face. Spooky~
Anathia Cid: (( typing is hard ))
Anathia Cid: More faces. Lovely.
* Zorya Whiteshield peers down the hallway.
Lance Brandt: (( oh no we're in wonderland ))
Fleed: The path you all just fell down leads to darkness for quite a while, though a point of light suggests where the floor of the shrine you were in was, from Zorya's view.
Lance Brandt: So, why's this thing have a face?
Dungeon Man: D:
Aldun: I wouldn't know. Nothing was mentioned of... this.
Anathia Cid: Someone poke it.
Anathia Cid: Someone who isn't me.
* Lance Brandt frowns, reaching out to grab a rung and try to open it/slide it out of the way, "More bothersome obstacles."
Zorya Whiteshield: "Um... Hmm." She pokes at the floor? She doesn't quite understand what she's looking at.
Dungeon Man: D:???
Dungeon Man: BORK D:
Lance Brandt: ... Bork?
Zorya Whiteshield: "B-Bork?"
Christina DeMarsey: Do you speak?
* Celia Dunesend blinks.
Dungeon Man: BERK, BORK, ARK, BORK. D:
* Dungeon Man rattles and shines!
Anathia Cid: Of course it speaks. He clearly said Bork!
Lance Brandt: Why does it sound like a sick chocobo?
Zorya Whiteshield: "Oh no! The Swedish Chef has returned to haunt me!"
Christina DeMarsey: There's a difference between making noise and speaking.
Anathia Cid: Bork is a word. Probably.
Crixsara: (( Suddenly, Lance was gate food. ))
* Dungeon Man makes a rusty clattering noise while continuing to make what can only be construed as a weird, deep... beeping. Both sides of it seem to be trying to move in opposite directions.
Lance Brandt: Hnn... seems like its stuck
Crixsara: It seems to be blocked somewhere, *kupo*
* Meryl Kincaid walks up and has a look.
Lance Brandt: Maybe its rusted shut, given how old this place is. Wouldn't that be out luck?
Dungeon Man: ...D:
Meryl Kincaid: Well ah kin try ta muscle it open.
Dungeon Man: D:
Lance Brandt: It doesn't seem to like that idea
Meryl Kincaid: (( Does it look strengthable, or is this a ~PUZZLE DOOR~ ))
Dungeon Man: (( I won't say it's not worth trying. ))
* Meryl Kincaid spits on her palms, rubs them together and tries to womanhandle the door open.
Celia Dunesend: "Maybe there's some other way of opening it? An indirect way, possibly?"
Dungeon Man: D:!?
* Blaine rolls: 1d20+10 Athletics? => 16 + 10 = 26
Lance Brandt: (( suddenly it snaps off the wall ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Maybe there's something this way?"
* Dungeon Man creaks and groans with some aeons or so of rust, but Meryl's crazy muscle manages to pull it apart just enough for someone to get through!
Zorya Whiteshield: "Or not..."
Crixsara: If there's another way, *kupo*, then these torches are the only obvious possibility.
Anathia Cid: Quick, moogle! Slip your tiny body through the gap!
* Dungeon Man shudders and continues to try and 'open', but can't seem to move any further on its own power, in either direction. It seems stuck well enough to stay open for everyone to single-file through, at least.
Crixsara: Well alright then.
* Meryl Kincaid dusts her hands off and smirks, pleased with herself.
Meryl Kincaid: 'Ere, one open door.
Celia Dunesend: "Well, whatever works, I suppose."
Lance Brandt: Well thats one way to do it.
Anathia Cid: I hope we didn't bork him too bad.
* Lance Brandt also tries to examine the door while everyone else goes through to try to make out how it is stuck besides just rust.
Meryl Kincaid: Reminded me of playin' with mah friend Ben's pet lizard.
Meryl Kincaid: A'course it was less a lizard an more a crocodile.
Lance Brandt: ... You have some unusual stories.
Fleed: Beyond the 'gate' seems to be... the site of a cave-in, or something like it. Much of the floor is covered with loose rock, dirt and dust, unlike the more solid ground where you just were.
* Zorya Whiteshield squeezes through! "Did we cause this?"
Fleed: To the left of the entrance, ancient moss and underground plantlife eventually give way to what could only be described as man-made structure, and intensely decadent: what isn't covered in pearl and gold etching is smooth, lustrous metal.
Crixsara: Well now, *kupo*. That's sure something.
Anathia Cid: I think we've struck gold.
Meryl Kincaid: Looks fancy.
Lance Brandt: seems unecessarily so.
Aldun: Oh... oh, my.
Lance Brandt: but this is apparently the shrine of one of the crystals... So who knows.
* Zorya Whiteshield pouts. "You are not going to loot a holy place."
Lance Brandt: ... I'm not entirely sure how one would go about looting walls anyway, so probably not.
Lance Brandt: (( Dekar would find a way though ))
Lance Brandt: (( saddly with Go gone only Mecha and Tilus would probably get that ))
Celia Dunesend: (( XD ))
Crixsara: You use your weapons to pry the things out of their moorings, *kupo*.
Fleed: The hallway curves around, and descends, like some sort of massive ramp structure.
Celia Dunesend: "Are you sure you should be doing that? This is an old shrine, carelessly prying things out of the wall might well cause the whole shrine to collapse."
Zorya Whiteshield: "Not to mention it's disrespectful."
* Lance Brandt looks at the walls as he walks, the air seeming to agitate him more as he goes deeper, "hnn.."
Fleed: (( Forgive the whole BAD AT MAP thing but just assume this shit's fairly well circular enough, haha. ))
Meryl Kincaid: If Beardy is right, then this might be Fenrir's temple. Which means if'n ya take anythin' outta th' wall ah'll smash ya.
Lance Brandt: (( clearly its a minecraft circle ))
Lance Brandt: Hnn another one of those gates...
Celia Dunesend: (( Hey, there's only one dungeon man! ))
Celia Dunesend: (( What sort of trickery is this!? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( This is Dungeon Man 2: Son of Dungeon Man ))
Lance Brandt: (( clearly its the same one ))
Lance Brandt: (( its just one giant gate threaded through the complex (no) ))
Catacomb Man: D:?
* Lance Brandt pulls at the gate to see if it opens easier than the other one.
* Catacomb Man splits apart and slides into the wall with little more than a well-maintained rustling noise.
Lance Brandt: hmm, well thats certainly a thing
Anathia Cid: Wow, no borks at all.
Meryl Kincaid: Oh sure, y'get th' easy one.
Zorya Whiteshield: "Should it be doing that?"
Lance Brandt: Maybe the cave in before jammed up the first one?
Lance Brandt: (( from before* ))
Lance Brandt: (( suddenly Lance walks into the VOID ROOM ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Quick, cast Magic Missile at the darkness ))
Lance Brandt: (( I actually meant that one where... I think Joey just kinda blindly walked into and almost ended up falling forever ))
Anathia Cid: Is it safe in there?
Fleed: You see... not much, actually. However, this is roughly the point where you notice that there seems to be no sort of distinct light source within the room, but it's still perfectly visible, as if the walls themselves were giving off light.
Lance Brandt: (( clearly it uses the terraria engine ))
Lance Brandt: (( where you can lay down one torch in a room made of gold brick and have it light up ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Man I miss watching Jesse and TB play Terraria ))
Fleed: Several vertical grate-like slats can be seen on the far side of the room spanning nearly the whole height of the wall, though they lead to sheer darkness.
Lance Brandt: Hmm, weird empty room
Lance Brandt: weird darkness too
Aldun: Hmm...
* Meryl Kincaid heads up to a grate thing first
Lance Brandt: Wonder why they have a room that is basically just emptyness and a view into an endless void.
* Meryl Kincaid looks in to see if there's anything of note that can be seen aside from grimdark
Lance Brandt: (( space marines ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Meryl? Please come away from there."
Lance Brandt: Oi ogre lady, you okay?
Meryl Kincaid: Tryin' ta see if thar's anythin' through here.
Fleed: The grates seem about large enough for Meryl to stick her head into, but not much bigger. There's little to see besides pure, dark blackness inside each, but there is clearly empty space, at least where the vertical openings are.
Meryl Kincaid: Nope, nothin'.
Lance Brandt: Lets keep moving
Lance Brandt: (( giant circles ahoy ))
Anathia Cid: (( holy shit maptool is freaking out aaa ))
Lance Brandt: (( furu no D: ))
* Lance Brandt goes to slide the next gate open, "Maybe this room will be more interesting.
Dungeon Man: D:?
Lance Brandt: Why do you things keep making that face at me?
* Dungeon Man whirs and shines to life, opening quietly.
Fleed: You see... another mostly empty room.
Meryl Kincaid: This is th' more borin' temple ah ever been in.
Lance Brandt: What is with this place?
Meryl Kincaid: most*
Fleed: However, in the corner, there are some remnants of... what look to be a campsite, or something.
Anathia Cid: How thrilling.
* Lance Brandt goes to investigate the campsite
Lance Brandt: looks like someone else has been here
Celia Dunesend: "Hmm?"
Christina DeMarsey: So far this place seems like a big waste of time.
Fleed: Mostly just old, old, old scraps and tatters of cloth.
* Celia Dunesend also investigates. How long has it been sitting there anyways?
Celia Dunesend: (( Because it can't possibly have been hundreds of years, unless there's really something huge up with this temple. ))
Lance Brandt: (( well, crystal ))
Lance Brandt: (( thats pretty huge ))
Fleed: The scraps look... pretty goddamn old. Well into a century, if not moreso.
Lance Brandt: Weird place, Hope we don't run into any skeletons or something on the way.
Aldun: Yes.
Celia Dunesend: "Hmm, looks like this temple hasn't been completely undisturbed in the last few hundreds of years, at least."
* Zorya Whiteshield looks over at Mr. Aldun. "How could people get past that without you knowing?"
* Lance Brandt stares at the next gate, "You gonna make faces at me too?"
Aldun: Even I have my limits of age, you know.
Dungeon Man: ...D:?
* Dungeon Man opens with a quiet wooshing noise. D:~
Anathia Cid: (( oh god accidentally wallhacked ))
Lance Brandt: (( damn it furu, now you're going to get stuck in a cutscene ))
Fleed: It's a big, circular room, with a number of short, circular platforms leading up to a larger circular platform.
Anathia Cid: (( I'm gonna TAS this dungeon ))
Lance Brandt: Well this certainly looks more interesting than the last couple rooms
Aldun: Indeed...
Fleed: (( ...Haha. ))
Lance Brandt: (( ))
Lance Brandt: (( now we just need Mecha and Furu to switch to theirs ))
Fleed: Meryl's entrance is accompanied by a bright pulse of amber light coming from the central platform, followed by a like-colored one from her pack.
Lance Brandt: Hnn, I think that book's acting up again, ogre lady.
Celia Dunesend: "And that book is acting up again."
* Zorya Whiteshield blinks, then scurries out of the entrance way and on around the corner!
Fleed: The pulses repeat for a few exchanges, and a loud humming, rattling noise can be heard emanating from the walls themselves.
Lance Brandt: (( suddenly noclipcleric ))
Celia Dunesend: (( TASes don't work that way, furu ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Hmm..." She scurries back down!
Fleed: Zorya just finds more spiraling corridor.
* Zorya Whiteshield pushes open the other face. "You look silly."
Lance Brandt: (( :V ))
Crixsara: Hey, *kupo*, don't you go wandering off.
* Lance Brandt glances at Meryl, "So hey, mind if I see that book for a moment?"
Aldun: Just what is that book, anyhow...?
* Meryl Kincaid reaches into her bag and tosses it to Lance.
Meryl Kincaid: Knock yerself out.
* Lance Brandt catches it and gives a shrug to Aldun, "No idea, but this place seems to react to it." He gives a nod before moving to try to negotiate his way up the platforms to see what the deal is up top.
Aldun: Yes... it's almost worrying.
* Zorya Whiteshield is feeling confident for some reason. Something must be wrong.
Fleed: The walls continue to thrum audibly, and once Lance takes a few steps up the central platforms, the highest descends, eventually creating a massive hole where it once was.
Lance Brandt: Hnn... Well that certainly is a thing...
Anathia Cid: Hopefully not a thing that will kill us.
Fleed: Seconds later, a loud shifting noise is heard from above as the ceiling opens up, dumping a fair-sized pile of rubble into the hole, followed by another platform which slides smoothly into it and takes the previous one's place at the top of the 'stairs'.
Lance Brandt: ... Huh
Fleed: It also seems to have contained occupants.
Lance Brandt: Oh great, more of these things
Celia Dunesend: "Lovely."
* Meryl Kincaid cracks her knuckles.
Anathia Cid: Well, they probably won't kill us.
Anathia Cid: Just try and fail.
* Lance Brandt holds up the book in hopes they react to it in a non violent manner atleast? >:
Zorya Whiteshield: "We can take 'em."
Fleed: The images' eyes glow faintly in response to their exposure to the book, and seem to straighten up a little bit, their 'feet' wobbling as they all turn to Lance.
Lance Brandt: Hnn... The hell is with this book... And this place for that matter.
Fleed: The ceiling opens up again, and dumps another pile of rock and debris onto the platform; much larger rocks, in addition to a small number of broken, battered and ancient bodies.
Lance Brandt: ... Thats... Unpleasant as well
Lance Brandt: So I would recommend not standing at the center of the room...
Meryl Kincaid: So we found the ancient mystical landfill.
Fleed: The rocks slowly vibrate and rise, taking a not altogether unfamiliar shape...
* Zorya Whiteshield urp. "UIgh..."
* Lance Brandt tries to move to get a better look at what is going on with the rubble without attracting too much attention, then suddenly
Anathia Cid: Oh no.
Lance Brandt: ... Damn it
Meryl Kincaid: Oh, them again.
Fleed: Not only that, but what remains of the remains begin to hiss and smoke ominously, and stand!
Lance Brandt: ... Welp
Crixsara: (( Lance is fxd. ))
Lance Brandt: (( oh god drk ))
Celia Dunesend: "...Well this is a nice situation we've gotten ourselves into."
* Zorya Whiteshield 's eyes narrow. "I'll take them undead mooks. Yous guys take dem rock palookas out."
Shrine Shadow 3: ...hhhhhhh...
Crixsara: (( Those are crazy Ref scores for zombies. ))
* Lance Brandt puts away the book and draws his sword
Lance Brandt: (( skeletons ))
Zorya Whiteshield: ((... fuck x__x ))
Lance Brandt: (( just blast them with radiant ))
Lance Brandt: (( alt: they are actual shadows in which case fuck. ))
Aldun: I believe... it would be best to begin defending ourselves.
* Lance Brandt steps back a bit, gritting his teeth, "Yeah yeah..."
Lance Brandt: Initiative: « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 »
Lance Brandt: (( welp ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Pull back ta da entrance ya putz!"
Crixsara: Way to go ticking off the ancient guardians of the crystal, again. *kupo*.
* Tilus rolls: 1d20+2 Init => 1 + 2 = 3
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+2 => 3 + 2 = 5
Celia Dunesend: (( Of course ))
Lance Brandt: (( SERRA NO ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Remember all of you get +2 to init from me ))
* Blaine rolls: 1d20+4 => 19 + 4 = 23
* Threden rolls: 1d20+2+2 Init => 13 + 2 + 2 = 17
Celia Dunesend: (( If you haven't included it already ))
Zorya Whiteshield: roll 1d20+3
* Gorgorogorca rolls: 1d20+3 => 9 + 3 = 12
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d20+2 => 2 + 2 = 4
Lance Brandt: (( we're off to a brilliant start here huh?" ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Er, 13. 2+2 ))
* Franky rolls: 1d20+3 => 8 + 3 = 11
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+2 => 10 + 2 = 12
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+2 => 4 + 2 = 6
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+1 => 12 + 1 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+1 => 2 + 1 = 3
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+1 => 18 + 1 = 19
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+1 => 2 + 1 = 3
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 18 + 6 = 24
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 6 + 6 = 12
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 11 + 6 = 17
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 18 + 6 = 24
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 8 + 6 = 14
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well I'm good and furious now so expect me to fly off the handle at my first low roll. ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 strikes at Lance with its polearm!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 19 + 7 = 26
Lance Brandt: (( welp ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 6 + 3 = 9
Lance Brandt: Lance Brandt loses 9 HP.
Zorya Whiteshield: ((*cough* yeah that's more dudes than us with better defenses, better HP, and probably just better everything ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Welcome to 4e ))
Lance Brandt: (( not better damage atleast ))
* Shrine Shadow 3 strikes at Meryl with its scythe!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 15 + 7 = 22
Lance Brandt: (( scythes! ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 2 + 3 = 5
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid loses 5 HP.
Meryl Kincaid has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( oh hi ))
* Meryl Kincaid hits it back.
Meryl Kincaid:
Devastating Strike • Standard • Primal, Weapon
Here comes th' pain!
Attack = 9 vs. AC       Rolled: 2     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 20   Physical       Rolled: 13     Bonuses: 7     Special: 3     Critical: 0
Effect: Enemies gain +2 to hit you unless raging.
Shrine Shadow 3: hhhhh...
Meryl Kincaid: (( Done, whatever ))
Crixsara: (( 4e monsters are basically PCs. ))
Lance Brandt: (( so this is going to be one of THOSE fights ))
* Odd Image 2 continues to wobble about, still fixated on Lance.
* Shrine Shadow 2 strikes at Aldun with its polearm!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 15 + 8 = 23
Zorya Whiteshield: (( these are better PCs V: ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Again, welcome to 4e ))
Shrine Shadow 2: (( ...ugh, seriously, why with the high-ass rolls, dicebot ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 4 + 3 = 7
Aldun: Aldun loses 7 HP.
Celia Dunesend: (( You mean, welcome to Kid? ))
Crixsara has received initiative.
Crixsara: Tsk, *kupo*. Getting us into another bit of trouble.
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant • Minor • N/A
Crixsara shoots a foe with a shell containing a magical mixture intended to make the target more susceptible to magic gunner rounds.
Effect: Target creature becomes covered in a magical accelerant. If the creature is later hit by a Magic Gunner attack, they may choose to deal an extra 2d6 damage (one of the d6 is Psychic). This damage can only be triggered once per turn.
Shrine Shadow 3: ...?
Crixsara: (( Shooting the same one. ))
Crixsara:
Dark Shot • Standard - Melee Touch/Ranged 10 • Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Psychic
Crixsara shoots a magical bullet infused with darkness at an enemy, which saps their mind and distracts them momentarily.
Attack = 26 vs. Fort       Rolled: 20     Bonuses: 6
Damage = 14   Necrotic/Psychic       Rolled: 9     Bonuses: 5     Critical: 1
Hit: Target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Potential Bonuses: Hidden Sniper (Gain CA against target if you have concealment against it), Prime Shot (If you are the closest ally to the target, gain +1 damage)
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant (Detonate) • Free Action • N/A
The magical accelerant ignites, dealing extra damage!
Damage = 12   Physical       Physical: 6     Psychic: 6
Crixsara: (( Boom. ))
* Shrine Shadow 3 's armor rattles and smokes, unable to overcome psychic assault!
Shrine Shadow 3: Shrine Shadow 3 loses 26 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( BOOM ))
Crixsara: (( I might as well change that macro to not just say that the total damage is physical, as well. ))
* Shrine Shadow 4 strikes at Celia with its falchion!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 18 + 7 = 25
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 1 + 3 = 4
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend loses 4 HP.
Lance Brandt has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( oh hi ))
Lance Brandt: (( suddenly EMITS HORRIBLE FIRE (Blazing Corona) ))
Lance Brandt: (( that was supposed to be /me :V ))
Fleed: Lance feels... heavy.
* Lance Brandt buh?
Fleed: Slowed until the start of next turn!
* Lance Brandt shakes his head before stabbing the ground, generating a shockwave at adjacent enemies.
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: (( what ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( D: ))
Lance Brandt: (( well two hits atleast ))
Lance Brandt: (( I think ))
Fleed: (( Yeah, go damage. ))
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Damage): « 1d6+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 » Force damage.
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 10 HP.
Odd Image 2: Odd Image 2 loses 10 HP.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 11
Lance Brandt: (( the one time I'll probably ever use it before retraining it ))
Odd Image 4: !
Odd Image 1: !
Odd Image 3: !
Fleed: The images' eyes flash brilliantly!
Crixsara: (( There you go. Now you ticked off the guardians! ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Oh dear..."
Lance Brandt: (( also uses his move to mark the lith ))
Lance Brandt: (( damn it ))
Lance Brandt: (( need to stop mixing up /me and /ooc ))
Anathia Cid: (( we're all going to feel really dumb when it turns out lance had control of all of them ))
Anathia Cid: (( and we just blew it and now they're going to kill us ))
Fleed: (( You can still move, you're just slowed. ))
Lance Brandt: (( corona ))
Lance Brandt: (( I kinda want that damage to kick off ))
Fleed: (( Right, right, never mind. ))
Lance Brandt: (( and yeah sorry, I didn't really have many other options there >.> ))
* Odd Image 4 stomps up to Lance!
* Odd Image 4 spins rapidly at him!
Crixsara: (( Regular single-target against the shadow would have been fine too. One DID clearly skip it's turn and do nothing. ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+6 => 8 + 6 = 14
* Odd Image 4 just kinda spins.
Zorya Whiteshield has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( nnn ))
Odd Image 4: (( Back in a moment. ))
Lance Brandt: (( can I try to pull the book out and wave it at them again next turn? >.> ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "HiiiiiiYAH!"
Zorya Whiteshield:
Shining Symbol • Standard - Close Blast 3 • Divine, Implement, Radiant
Zorya rises into the air and becomes surrounded by a halo of light. Her hood flips back and her hair flies about in a whirlwind of radiance.
Attack = 13 vs. Will       Rolled: 6     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 8   Radiant       Rolled: 4     Bonuses: 4     Special: 1     Critical: 0
Hit: Each enemy hit takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Zorya Whiteshield: (blagh))
Shrine Shadow 2: !?
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh...
Crixsara: (( roll for hit one more time. ))
Crixsara: (( Two more. ))
* Gorgorogorca rolls: 1d20+8 => 3 + 8 = 11
Meryl Kincaid: (( Roll to hit two more times ))
* Gorgorogorca rolls: 1d20+8 => 19 + 8 = 27
Zorya Whiteshield: (( :eyeroll: ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well you got one of them ))
Shrine Shadow 2: Shrine Shadow 2 loses 18 HP.
Anathia Cid: gate face, help us!
Dungeon Man: D:?
Lance Brandt: (( so uh, try to don't kill the odd images until after my next turn hopefully :/ ))
* Dungeon Man helpfully closes behind everyone. D:
Crixsara: (( Close the door and lock Chris out. ))
Anathia Cid: Oh good now one of us will survive. Thanks. You're a big help.
Lance Brandt: (( thats a horrible idea ))
Dungeon Man: D:
Anathia Cid: That was sarcasm.
Dungeon Man: ...D:
Dungeon Man: (( Zorya gonna do anything else? ))
Lance Brandt: stop provoking the door
Dungeon Man: (( ...hrm ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( thought I'd healing worded Meryl before the encounter, if not, doing so no ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( now ))
Terralith 2: (( Well, do your roll, etc. ))
Zorya Whiteshield:
Healing Word • Minor Action - Close Burst 5 • Divine, Healing
Would you like me to kiss it better?
Effect: One creature in the burst may spend a healing surge and regains 1d6 additional hit points. An ally who spends a healing surge in this way gains +2 to attack.
* Gorgorogorca rolls: 1d6 => 5
* Terralith 2 isn't attacking Meryl, so attacks Lance! PUNCH YOU
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 15 + 7 = 22
* Fleed rolls: 1d12+7 => 3 + 7 = 10
Lance Brandt: Lance Brandt loses 10 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( also 4 damage ))
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 2 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( also ))
Lance Brandt: HOLD IT!!
* Lance Brandt explodes fire at the lith
Lance Brandt: Firepulse (Hit): « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » vs. Reflex
Terralith 2: !??!!
Lance Brandt: Firepulse (Damage): « 2d6+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » Fire damage.
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 7 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( wow ))
* Terralith 2 still grabs Lance and shakes him around like a rag doll anyway!
Anathia Cid has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid recovers 14 HP.
Anathia Cid: (( should I finish shadow 3? ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( yes ))
* Anathia Cid aims at one of the approaching undead and fires a magical shot!
Zorya Whiteshield: (( They don't have radiant vulnerability, do they ))
* Franky rolls: 1d20+8 => 17 + 8 = 25
Crixsara: (( They do. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( You hit one for 8 and it took 18. They have vulnerability. ))
* Franky rolls: 1d10+4 => 9 + 4 = 13
Shrine Shadow 3: hhhh...!
Shrine Shadow 3: Shrine Shadow 3 loses 13 HP.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( misread my roll okay ))
Shrine Shadow 3: (( Was that Magic Weapon? ))
Anathia Cid: (( yep ))
Anathia Cid: (( everyone gets +3/+1 ))
Anathia Cid: (( by me, anyway ))
Shrine Shadow 3: (( That all, then? ))
Anathia Cid: (( ayup ))
Aldun: Oh, dear. This is... not a great position to be in.
* Aldun pulls out his tome and levels it at the undead, creating a burst of icy wind!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 1 + 8 = 9
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 5 + 8 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 11 + 8 = 19
* Aldun alas.
* Terralith 1 hurls one of its fists at Celia!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 10 + 9 = 19
* Fleed rolls: 1d8+7 => 3 + 7 = 10
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend loses 10 HP.
Fleed: Celia simply gets knocked into Anathia and back forward.
Christina DeMarsey has received initiative.
Fleed: (( ...huh, that should've hit one of the shadows, actually, let's do that now ))
Lance Brandt: (( I like how the door is magic weapon'd ))
* Fleed rolls: 2d6+9 => 8 + 9 = 17
Shrine Shadow 2: Shrine Shadow 2 loses 17 HP.
Christina DeMarsey: Open up right now or I will stab you.
Anathia Cid: (( ALDUN IS SECRET BEST PARTY MEMBER ))
Fleed: (( ...OR FUCKING NOT BECAUSE YOU PHRASED IT WRONG FURU but you know what I don't give a shit at the moment. ))
Dungeon Man: ...D:
* Dungeon Man helpfully slides open.
Christina DeMarsey: (( So what does that aura do? ))
Dungeon Man: (( Enemies starting turn in the blast radius are slowed until end of next turn. ))
Lance Brandt: (( Aldun is Tellah who is also Ramuh ))
* Christina DeMarsey moves, marks Shadow 4, and HOLY SWORDS
Christina DeMarsey: (Holy Swords Shadow 4 too)
Anathia Cid: (( ALDUN FREEMAN WHO WAS GORDON FREEMAN'S BROTHER ))
* Shrine Shadow 4 strikes at Christina first!
* Shrine Shadow 2 strikes as well!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 4 + 9 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 6 + 9 = 15
Christina DeMarsey:
Holy Strike • Standard • Divine, Radiant, Weapon
You strike an enemy with your weapon, which ignites with holy light.
Attack = 15 vs. AC       Rolled: 6     Bonuses: 9
Damage = 9   Radiant       Rolled: 5     Bonuses: 4
Hit: If you marked the target you gain a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2).  
* Shrine Shadow 2 and 4 are bad at opportunity attacks.
* Christina DeMarsey is apparently bad at normal attack
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh...
Christina DeMarsey: (( Done ))
* Odd Image 1 spins at Lance!
Lance Brandt: nnn go away!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 11 + 8 = 19
* Odd Image 1 just spins. Lance is being shaken too hard.
Lance Brandt: (( this is a no spin zone ))
* Odd Image 3 spins at Lance!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 11 + 8 = 19
* Odd Image 3 ugh
Meryl Kincaid: (( So do you want help or are you setting up some big AoE? ))
Celia Dunesend has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( heals would be nice but uh ))
Lance Brandt: (( I have two options ))
Lance Brandt: (( either try the book again somehow and probably die to AoOs, or just sword burst and remove all three of them >.> ))
Celia Dunesend: (( hmmm ))
Lance Brandt: (( also Shadow 4 allready AoO'd ))
Lance Brandt: (( so you can move freely mostly ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I don't think they'd help us much anyway ))
Celia Dunesend: (( who has the higher attack bonus between meryl and christina? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I have +2 from Zorya ))
Celia Dunesend: (( So probably meryl then. ))
Celia Dunesend: "Meryl! Go ahead and finish that shadowy thing off!"
Lance Brandt: (( they both have +9 I think ))
Lance Brandt: (( or wait, +11 ))
Lance Brandt: (( or not ))
* Celia Dunesend uses Commander's Strike! Meryl, make a melee basic attack vs Shadow 3 with +4 damage.
Meryl Kincaid:
Melee Basic • Standard • Weapon
Bunka dunka!
Attack = 27 vs. AC       Rolled: 20     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 29   Physical       Rolled: 22     Bonuses: 7
Lance Brandt: (( heee ))
Shrine Shadow 3: hhhh--!?
Lance Brandt: (( ULTRA DEATH ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Slams through the side of the shadow's head, then grins and carries the attack through. ))
Meryl Kincaid: BUNKA...
Shrine Shadow 3: Shrine Shadow 3 loses 33 HP.
Celia Dunesend: (( Done ))
* Meryl Kincaid hits 4
Meryl Kincaid:
Melee Basic • Standard • Weapon
Bunka dunka!
Attack = 19 vs. AC       Rolled: 12     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 17   Physical       Rolled: 10     Bonuses: 7
Meryl Kincaid: DUNKA!!
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh!
Shrine Shadow 4: Shrine Shadow 4 loses 17 HP.
Celia Dunesend: (( Oh you get cleave? ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 17
Meryl Kincaid: (( Whenever I crit, I can make a free basic ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Ah ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Nice ))
* Shrine Shadow 3 dissipates into smoke, its scythe clattering to the ground!
Anathia Cid: Excellent work, bear woman!
Lance Brandt: (( pff bear woman ))
Lance Brandt: (( also healz? ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( on it ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Can't reach you. ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( You can move, Tilus. ))
Lance Brandt: (( shadow 4 already AoO'd Mecha ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( 4 already went OA. ))
Lance Brandt: (( and 3 is dead ))
Celia Dunesend: (( I don't want to move closer, otherwise that puts *me* at risk. ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( O~kay! ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Move to my left ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 burns!
Lance Brandt: (( :V ))
Shrine Shadow 5: Shrine Shadow 5 loses 4 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( You're safe there ))
Lance Brandt: (( welp ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( And Lance can NOTDIE ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well I dunno how far the heal reaches actually ))
Celia Dunesend: (( And losing any healer sends the likelihood of us winning this battle way down. ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 turns and points to Meryl. Dark chains erupt from the floor to ensnare!
Lance Brandt: (( does that provoke at all? ))
Lance Brandt: (( or can I not AoO because being shake? ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( Tilus what's OA rule while being grabbed, offhand? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( You currently have the status Mischief Makers ))
Lance Brandt: (( I know you can still attack at -2 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Savs vs shakeshake ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Seeeec ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( Well, while we're working that out. ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 10 + 7 = 17
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 17 + 7 = 24
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 3 + 7 = 10
Fleed: Meryl and Celia are snared by shadowy chains! They're both restrained and take 5 ongoing necrotic (save ends both)!
Meryl Kincaid:
Shrug It Off • Immediate Reaction • Personal
Yeah, 'at was cute princess.
Effect: When subjected to an effect save ends, make a saving throw. If successful, shift 1 square.
* Blaine rolls: 1d20 => 13
Meryl Kincaid: (( Nope.AVI ))
Lance Brandt: (( ))
Lance Brandt: (( suddenly flex out of chains ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Doesn't say anything about what happens when the opponent is grabbed, so I'd say yes you can AO while grabbed., ))
Fleed: (( Go ahead, then. ))
Lance Brandt: Sword (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » vs. AC
* Shrine Shadow 5 donk
Lance Brandt: Sword (Damage): « 1d8+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 »
Shrine Shadow 5: Shrine Shadow 5 loses 9 HP.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( FLEX ))
Meryl Kincaid has received initiative.
* Shrine Shadow 3 hhhh ._.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Was Restrained part of the save, or can I not shift as the power stated? ))
Shrine Shadow 3: (( Save ends both, you're fine. ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Okay, grab inflicts immobilize on the opponent, and immobilize is only you can't move away. Thus you can OA while grabbed. ))
Lance Brandt: (( also was it a standard or a move to break restrain? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Ok so I have three options. Stay here and help this clusterfuck, engage Big McLargehuge or go help Lance out ))
Shrine Shadow 3: (( Move. ))
Crixsara: (( This group is almost sorted out. ))
Lance Brandt: (( I'd soften 5 up ))
Anathia Cid: (( This wasn't so helpless after all! ))
Lance Brandt: (( I can probably nuke the images ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Mark spots you're gonna nuke then Yuu, and I'll go help you ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Alright, then I know what to do ))
Fleed: (( Basically, don't be adjacent to him, apparently. ))
Lance Brandt: (( its (D) though so no worries ))
* Meryl Kincaid digs in her heel and rushes down 5, because chains are stupid and deserve to be smashed for.
Meryl Kincaid:
Howling Strike • Standard • Primal, Weapon
Ah'm comin' fer ya!
Attack = 24 vs. AC       Rolled: 17     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 16   Physical       Rolled: 9     Bonuses: 7     Special: 3     Critical: 0
Special: May use while charging and +2 to charge distance if raging.
Bonuses: +1 to hit if charging.
Shrine Shadow 5: hhhhh...!?
Shrine Shadow 5: Shrine Shadow 5 loses 16 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: Ey Becky!
Meryl Kincaid:
Running Riot • Minor • Divine, Weapon
WELCOME T'TH' JUNGLE, WE GOT FUN'N GAMES!!
Attack = 10 vs. AC       Rolled: 3     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 9   Physical       Rolled: 6     Bonuses: 3     Special: 0     Critical: 0
Req: Must have hit an enemy with a weapon attack this turn.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well they can't all be winners. ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 flickers and sways with the secondary blow.
Meryl Kincaid: Tricky lil' hobbit, ain'tcha.
* Shrine Shadow 2 hhhh, slow ._.
Lance Brandt: What's a hobbit?
Meryl Kincaid: Ahuno
Lance Brandt: (( we are the best heros ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( It's really hard to spell "I dunno" in an excessive hick accent ))
* Shrine Shadow 2 swings its glaive, sending a shockwave tearing through the back lines of the party!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 4 + 9 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 4 + 9 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 14 + 9 = 23
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 4 + 9 = 13
Lance Brandt: (( thats a lot of 4s ))
* Fleed rolls: 2d4+6 => 5 + 6 = 11
Anathia Cid: Anathia Cid loses 11 HP.
Anathia Cid: Ow.
Fleed: Cid is rattled! -2 to attack until the end of the Shrine Shadow's next turn!
Meryl Kincaid: (( The good news is there's three healers down there and one sorta healer. You guys are fine. ))
Crixsara has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( also the warrior shadows have the derpiest faces ))
Lance Brandt: (( or atleast the 1 and 4 ones ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( They look a lot like the N7 Fury ))
Meryl Kincaid: So I can't stop seeing that
Meryl Kincaid: (( Oh you meant the Knights ))
Lance Brandt: (( yeah ))
Lance Brandt: (( for some reason I thought they were the warrior ones ))
Lance Brandt: (( blah ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yeah the Knights are very HEEEEEEY YOOOOOOOU GUUUUUUUUUUYS ))
Crixsara: (( The Warriors are Deneb. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Let me say this to start, my mask is stuck to my hood. ))
Crixsara: Let's try to cut you down to size, *kupo*.
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant • Minor • N/A
Crixsara shoots a foe with a shell containing a magical mixture intended to make the target more susceptible to magic gunner rounds.
Effect: Target creature becomes covered in a magical accelerant. If the creature is later hit by a Magic Gunner attack, they may choose to deal an extra 2d6 damage (one of the d6 is Psychic). This damage can only be triggered once per turn.
Crixsara: (( Shooting the same 'lith ))
Crixsara:
Magic Shot • Standard - Ranged 10 • Arcane, Implement
Crixsara shoots a basic magical bullet at an enemy.
Attack = 9 vs. Ref       Rolled: 3     Bonuses: 6
Damage = 15   Physical       Rolled: 10     Bonuses: 5     Critical: 0
Special: This power can be used in the place of a Ranged Basic Attack, and counts as such for all abilities.
Potential Bonuses: Hidden Sniper (Gain CA against target if you have concealment against it), Prime Shot (If you are the closest ally to the target, gain +1 damage)
* Terralith 1 tunk?!
Crixsara: (( Hits. ))
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 15 HP.
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant (Detonate) • Free Action • N/A
The magical accelerant ignites, dealing extra damage!
Damage = 3   Multi       Physical: 1     Psychic: 2
Lance Brandt: (( one good thing about this fight and the last, we have a lot of stuff targeting reflex ))
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 3 HP.
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh...
* Shrine Shadow 4 strikes at Christina with its falchion!
Lance Brandt: Argh, why must they keep making that noise?
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 12 + 9 = 21
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 1 + 3 = 4
Christina DeMarsey: Christina DeMarsey loses 4 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( More like a failchion ))
Lance Brandt has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: Athletics: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
Meryl Kincaid: (( Also I think he stopped being slowed and I stopped being buffed ))
Lance Brandt: (( I think I'm still grappled ))
* Terralith 2 shook too much, what awful grip ._.
Fleed: Lance still feels heavy.
* Lance Brandt growls, whiping his sword around to stab the lith in the arm and trigger a shockwave to free himself!
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Hit): « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » vs. Reflex (Close Burst 1)
Lance Brandt: (( +2 on shadow and I think odd image 3 ))
* Odd Image 1 through 4: dorf
Meryl Kincaid: (( Technically we are flanking 3, yeah ))
Lance Brandt: Sword Burst (Damage): « 1d6+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » Force damage.
Lance Brandt: (( wow ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 flickers and sways with the blade!
Odd Image 4: Odd Image 4 loses 6 HP.
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 6 HP.
Odd Image 1: Odd Image 1 loses 6 HP.
Odd Image 3: Odd Image 3 loses 6 HP.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 9
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 12
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 14
Zorya Whiteshield: "Well done, Lance!"
Meryl Kincaid: (( Now we just need to get you NOT THERE ))
* Lance Brandt grumbls and brushes himself out, the flames around him dieing down, "crap now where to go?"
Lance Brandt: (( funnily the only 'not there is uh... away from healing ))
Meryl Kincaid: Ah give it a 7. Flashy, but not smashy.
Lance Brandt: It worked didn't it?
Meryl Kincaid: (( If you could move, you could come down one ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "I'll be with you as soon as I can!"
Lance Brandt: (( can I move onto corpses? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( But I think you moved to be not grabbed ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Yeah, try to shift down 1. ))
Celia Dunesend: (( And yes you can move onto corpses. ))
Lance Brandt: (( also yeah the not grabbed part ))
Lance Brandt: (( right ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( Yeah, you're stuck there unless you AP. ))
Lance Brandt: (( hnn ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( Which I'll remind, you'll get your second one after this fight, since milestone. ))
Lance Brandt: (( didn't I use my first one in the seal room? ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( ...Did you? ))
Lance Brandt: (( because I got grappled into a shit position ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( ...Yes, I do remember. Okay. ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( SUCKS TO BE YOU ))
Lance Brandt: (( so yeah, hnn ))
Zorya Whiteshield has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( TIILLUUUUS ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Man I missed a good chance earlier to do a thing. ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Yeeeees? ))
* Odd Image 4 choom
Lance Brandt: (( if I die its your fault ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( It would have done wonders for this exact encounter, given how far out you were ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Ah well, no point worrying now ))
Anathia Cid: (( well lance ))
Anathia Cid: (( blame yourself or god ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( I can move up here in a bit and try to heal you
Celia Dunesend: (( Actually right now I'm in probably just as dire straits as you. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Sadly the best healer is boxed in by enemies. ))
Lance Brandt: (( bugger ))
Lance Brandt: (( uh... heal tilus and sacred flame to saving throw I think ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Actually all of you guys are ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Depending on what happens next we may need to conscript Umb to help us clear this mess up here, since he's the only guy who can assist ))
* Zorya Whiteshield points her hand over at the wounded shadow, her fingers trailing flame, and lobs at ball of Holy at it!
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Is it +3 or +1 to hit? ))
Fleed: (( +1. ))
Lance Brandt: (( +1, +3 damage ))
Zorya Whiteshield:
Sacred Flame • Standard - Ranged 5 • Divine, Implement, Radiant
Is yous gonna sing? Or is my next shot goin' for ya kneecaps?
Attack = 22 vs. Reflex       Rolled: 15     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 10   Radiant       Rolled: 6     Bonuses: 4     Special: 1     Critical: 0
Hit: One Ally you can see can choose to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma (+3) + 1/2 your level or to make a saving throw.
Lance Brandt: (( oh man ))
Lance Brandt: (( right on the dot ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( JUST MADE IT ))
* Shrine Shadow 2 haet Holy!
Shrine Shadow 2: Shrine Shadow 2 loses 20 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( and now tilus gets a save ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( who needed a saving throw ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 5
Meryl Kincaid: (( Celia needs it ))
Celia Dunesend: (( I do ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( grab it ))
* Shrine Shadow 2 dissipates into smoke!
Meryl Kincaid: (( She's restrained and taking damage ))
Lance Brandt: (( 3 sacred flame ))
* Tilus rolls: 1d20 Tasukete~! vs HP Drain => 14
Zorya Whiteshield: (( ))
Lance Brandt: (( oh right can't do left carrots in maptool ))
Lance Brandt: (( clerics are kinda awesome ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( *blush* ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Clerics make some of the best Leaders in terms of pure support ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Now how do I move up to heal ))
Lance Brandt: (( I'd heal tilus ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Alright. ))
Lance Brandt: (( or uh ))
Lance Brandt: (( cid ))
Lance Brandt: (( one of the two ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Cid's fine for now ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Cid's not in as much danger ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Healer's Mercy will help her ))
Zorya Whiteshield:
Healer's Mercy • Free Action - Close Burst 3 • Divine, Healing, Channel Divinity
There there. Let me make it all better.
Effect: Each bloodied ally in the burst can spend a healing surge. You are weakened until the end of your next turn.
Effect: All allies within the burst who spend a healing surge gain +2 to attack.
Zorya Whiteshield:
Healing Word • Minor Action - Close Burst 5 • Divine, Healing
Would you like me to kiss it better?
Effect: One creature in the burst may spend a healing surge and regains 1d6 additional hit points. An ally who spends a healing surge in this way gains +2 to attack.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( THAT ONE ))
* Gorgorogorca rolls: 1d6 => 3
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend recovers 11 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( I take it Healer's Mercy was an accident, or did you mean to pop both? ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( accident ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( One is a Free so technically you could, hence me asking ))
Lance Brandt: (( also I was right, this is one of those fights ))
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend recovers 1 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( where it starts out horrible for us and then we start doing awesome halfway through ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Can I move there without noclipping or eating OAs? ))
Terralith 2: (( I'll allow it. ))
Terralith 2: ...
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 recovers 2 HP.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Okay. ))
* Terralith 2 punches on Lance again!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 3 + 7 = 10
Lance Brandt: (( stabs the fist > ))
Lance Brandt: (( /me >.> ))
* Terralith 2 still disheartened by not still shaking.
* Shrine Shadow 1 strikes at Meryl with its falchion!
Lance Brandt: (( also I like how like, right after I start talking about retraining sword burst it starts getting mileage ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 12 + 9 = 21
Meryl Kincaid: (( That happened with Forge ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d6+3 => 4 + 3 = 7
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid loses 7 HP.
Celia Dunesend: (( Yeah ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I started being really down on I think Steel Wind, and then immediately after it was useful ))
Shrine Shadow 1: (( actually no ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 disappears into the floor!
Lance Brandt: (( oh god ))
Lance Brandt: (( its going to pop out of someone's chest ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 emerges from the shadowy chains!
Anathia Cid has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Shift left, shoot mans. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Right rather ))
Lance Brandt: (( yeah ))
Lance Brandt: (( wagic wepon ))
Shrine Shadow 1: (( WEPON, WEPON, WEPON WEPON WEPON ))
Anathia Cid: (( shoot number 4? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Also you can heal yourself if you need to. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Keep that in mind ))
Anathia Cid: (( oh right! ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Shoot 4 please, yes ))
* Anathia Cid smashes a potion into her face
Meryl Kincaid: (( I've yet to see a leader that is incapable of self-heal with their power ))
Lance Brandt: (( FOREHEAD CAN ))
* Zorya Whiteshield stares at Cid. "WHAT."
Celia Dunesend: (( I'd like to get it down so I can kill it on my action and then run up to heal lance without eating AoOs. ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( HEAD-ON. Apply directly to the forehead! ))
Anathia Cid: (( what's my value again ))
Lance Brandt: Crazy lady
Lance Brandt: (( 1/4 Max HP ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Half bloodied value ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Which is basically 1/4th ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Rounded down ))
Anathia Cid: (( I'M TOO TIRED FOR MATH SOMEONE FIGURE THIS OUT ))
Lance Brandt: (( 8 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Half of 35 rounded down is 19, half of that rounded down is 9 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Your healing value should be 9 ))
Lance Brandt: (( half of 35 is 17 ))
Lance Brandt: (( .5 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yeah you're right ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( For some reason my head did that wrong ))
Anathia Cid: Anathia Cid recovers 12 HP.
* Anathia Cid then slow motion bullet time shoots the undead
* Franky rolls: 1d20+8 => 6 + 8 = 14
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh...
Aldun: U-um. Oh my.
Lance Brandt: (( she shot bullets at the zombie ghosts ))
Anathia Cid: Damn.
Anathia Cid: (( TURN END ))
* Aldun opens up to another page of his tome...
* Shrine Shadow 4 strikes back while the old man is fumbling! EAT YOUR OWN BEARD
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 2 + 7 = 9
* Shrine Shadow 4 hhh ._.
Lance Brandt: (( BEARDS WERE NOT EATEN THIS DAY ))
* Aldun holds aloft his tome, and creates a motherfucking tornado.
Lance Brandt: ... Impressive...
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 19 + 8 = 27
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 12 + 8 = 20
* Fleed rolls: 2d6+8 => 7 + 8 = 15
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 15 HP.
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 15 HP.
Aldun: This should make things more manageable, I hope.
Terralith 1: (( ...erg, READING THINGS ODD ))
* Anathia Cid makes sure no one is looking and then pinches Aldun's ass. Yes this is going to be scarred into your retinas forever.
* Terralith 1 is pushed further by the tornado!
Lance Brandt: (( furu no ))
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 2 HP.
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 recovers 4 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( SEIZURE ROCKS ))
* Terralith 1 punches Lance!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 2 + 7 = 9
* Terralith 1 too tornadofied ._.
Christina DeMarsey has received initiative.
* Lance Brandt barriers >
Meryl Kincaid: (( Ok, Mecha ))
Lance Brandt: Man stop doing that you assholes!
Terralith 1: ????
Christina DeMarsey: (( Huh? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( What is the range and action for your healing touch? ))
Terralith 1: (( Touch. ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Next to me and swift ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Shift up right, charge Shadow 5, heal Lance ))
Lance Brandt: (( uh ))
Lance Brandt: (( charge ends action ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( And leave everyone down here defenseless? ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Aslot hat ))
Lance Brandt: (( I'll be fine another turn, kill the knights ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Better idea if Schala cooperates! ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Just trying to find the ebst way to make Lance not die ))
Terralith 1: (( ...Hm. I just realized Aldun shouldn't have been able to do that, but I'm just gonna deduct that from his other daily stock because HE'S A MOTHERFUCKING SORCEROR. ))
* Christina DeMarsey swings at Shadow 4
Christina DeMarsey:
Divine Pursuit • Standard • Divine, Weapon
You drive your foe back with a mighty attack and follow it to prevent its escape.
Attack = 18 vs. AC       Rolled: 9     Bonuses: 9
Damage = 15   Physical       Rolled: 11     Bonuses: 4
Hit: You push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). You then shift to the nearest square adjacent to the target.  
Lance Brandt: (( yaaaay ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( He doesn't have any kind of AC buffs right? ))
Shrine Shadow 4: hhh!
Meryl Kincaid: (( Nah he'd have an icon if he were buffed ))
Shrine Shadow 4: Shrine Shadow 4 loses 15 HP.
Fleed: Shadowy chains try to bind Christina! Make an Acrobatics check.
* Christina DeMarsey follows and challenges Shadow 1
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d20-3 => 6 - 3 = 3
Fleed: Christina is bound by shadowy chains! Is restrained and takes 5 ongoing necrotic (save ends both)!
Meryl Kincaid: (( Thankfully you can make a save at the end of your turn! ))
Christina DeMarsey: roll 1d20 Save since it's the end of my turn anyway?
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d20 Save since it's the end of my turn anyway? => 14
Fleed: NEVER MIND
Lance Brandt: (( FUCK YO CHAINS ))
Celia Dunesend has received initiative.
Christina DeMarsey: One of you fo help him
Meryl Kincaid: (( Don't worry Fleed, I've had this exact problem before with Wolfbling and the fucking prone. ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( go ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( THE ENEMY IS NOW PRONE. OH IT JUST STOOD UP. THAT SURE HELPED. ))
* Odd Image 1 and 3 turn purple and fade away
* Celia Dunesend moves here, go ahead and AoO
Fleed: ACRO THEM BATS, LADY
Christina DeMarsey: (( Yes, GO AHEAD AND AOO ))
Fleed: (( Oh wait you were IN the field, never mind. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Go ahead and aeiou ))
Fleed: (( Don't roll~ ))
Lance Brandt: (( fucking Acro Bats ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( aeiou ))
Crixsara: (( Acro the Acrobat ))
Anathia Cid: (( who remembersYES. AERO. ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 strikes with its falchion!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 5 + 9 = 14
Celia Dunesend: (( Nooo~. ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( It takes 9 Radiant damage ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 hhh.
Lance Brandt: (( la li lu le lo ))
Shrine Shadow 1: Shrine Shadow 1 loses 19 HP.
* Shrine Shadow 1 dorf
Lance Brandt: (( it takes ITS FACE EXPLODED damage ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( That actually worked out really well ))
Celia Dunesend: "You have it distracted, finish that shadow knight off!"
Meryl Kincaid: (( It's like you guys planned that ))
Christina DeMarsey: I told you to face ME.
Shrine Shadow 1: hhhhhh.
* Celia Dunesend uses Commander's Strike! Christina, make a melee basic vs Shadow 4 at +1 to hit and +4 damage.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( that is one thing i like about 4e. it tends to reward planning ))
Christina DeMarsey:
Melee Basic • Standard • Weapon
You strike an enemy with your weapon, which ignites with holy light.!
Attack = 11 vs. AC       Rolled: 2     Bonuses: 9
Damage = 12   Physical       Rolled: 8     Bonuses: 4
Zorya Whiteshield: (( especially with a good dm ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Blah. ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Well! ))
Shrine Shadow 1: (( You can Effort that and kill it. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yeah, you're flanking ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( True ))
Celia Dunesend: "And Lance! You're not going to let those wounds stop you, are you!?"
Meryl Kincaid: (( You would JUST hit it ))
Christina DeMarsey:
Heroic Effort • Minor • Humes are Awesome
You call upon your furious nature to improve your odds of harming your foe.
Effect: If you miss with an attack or fail a saving throw, you gain a +4 racial bonus to the attack roll or the saving throw
* Shrine Shadow 1 hhh?!
Shrine Shadow 4: Shrine Shadow 4 loses 12 HP.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 2
Lance Brandt: Hnn, Hey what do you think I've been doing, laying around like a rug?
* Tilus rolls: 1d6 Inspiring Word -> Lance. He spends a HS and restores his HS value + this => 5
Lance Brandt: (( huh, the healing button won't work for me >.> ))
* Shrine Shadow 4 dissipates into smoke!
Celia Dunesend: (( Yeah, happens to me on occasion too ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( What's your value, I'll do it for you ))
Lance Brandt: (( 8 ))
Lance Brandt: Lance Brandt recovers 13 HP.
* Fleed rolls: 1d6 recover Dancing Chains => 6
* Shrine Shadow 5 pleased.
Lance Brandt: (( so I can do one of two things when my turn comes, depending on if 5 is alive or not. ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 steps back and unleashes them chains on Meryl and Lance!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 8 + 7 = 15
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+7 => 14 + 7 = 21
Lance Brandt: (( goddamn chains ))
Meryl Kincaid has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid loses 5 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( So I can't move can I? ))
Lance Brandt: (( move to try to break the chains, then if successful charge? ))
Lance Brandt: (( athletics check ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Can't charge anything but the terralith or go back down south ))
Lance Brandt: (( hmm ))
Anathia Cid: (( GUYS I HATE TO DO THIS BUT I HAVE HIT MY LIMIT AND I AM LITERALLY FALLING OUT OF MY CHAIR can someone take control of cid so you don't lose the firepower/healing? ))
Lance Brandt: (( then uh... try to break the chains then get out of the zone ))
Lance Brandt: (( damn it Furu ))
Shrine Shadow 5: (( FIX YOUR SHIT ))
Lance Brandt: (( its only 10 >.> ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well they're both Save Ends so I don't think I can break out manually ))
Anathia Cid: (( MY SHIT WILL BE FIXED BY NEXT WEEK I SWEAR ))
Lance Brandt: (( also my chair has been taken over by a cat ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( sit on it ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( My cat is on the porch for pissing on my bed ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Anyway! Guess I'm ending my turn and making saves. ))
* Blaine rolls: 1d20 => 14
Lance Brandt: (( the save rolls really like 14 today ))
Anathia Cid: (( TELL ME HOW SHIT GOES TOMORROW GOD LUCK DON'T DIE ))
Lance Brandt: (( GOD LUCK ))
Crixsara has received initiative.
* Shrine Shadow 2 hhh...
Franky is disconnected.
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant • Minor • N/A
Crixsara shoots a foe with a shell containing a magical mixture intended to make the target more susceptible to magic gunner rounds.
Effect: Target creature becomes covered in a magical accelerant. If the creature is later hit by a Magic Gunner attack, they may choose to deal an extra 2d6 damage (one of the d6 is Psychic). This damage can only be triggered once per turn.
Shrine Shadow 2: (( By the by: Restrained is Grants CA, Immobilized, -2 to attack, cannot be forcemoved. ))
Crixsara: (( Shooting shadow 5 ))
Crixsara: This should help, *kupo*
Crixsara:
Dark Shot (Spirit charge) • Standard - Melee Touch/Ranged 10 • Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Psychic
Crixsara shoots a magical bullet infused with darkness at an enemy, which saps their mind and distracts them momentarily.
Attack = 20 vs. Fort       Rolled: 14     Bonuses: 6
Damage = 12   Necrotic/Psychic       Rolled: 7     Bonuses: 5     Special: 1     Critical: 0
Hit: Target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Potential Bonuses: Hidden Sniper (Gain CA against target if you have concealment against it), Prime Shot (If you are the closest ally to the target, gain +1 damage)
* Shrine Shadow 5 rattled by psychic force!
Shrine Shadow 5: Shrine Shadow 5 loses 12 HP.
Crixsara:
Spirit Charger • Free • N/A
Crixsara's use of magical accelerants allows her to harvest tiny fragments of the creature's spirit or essence, allowing you to increase the effect of some attacks.
Effect: Recover a Spirit Charge use. Only one Spirit Charge can be held at a time.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 9
Lance Brandt: (( well that answers what I'll be doing with my action ))
* Shrine Shadow 5 dissipates into smoke!
Lance Brandt has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: (( So what happens when an attack deals two types of damage and the enemy resists one? It does normal damage? ))
* Shrine Shadow 4 hhh...
Lance Brandt: (( take the better IIRC ))
Celia Dunesend: (( The lower resist applies. ))
Crixsara: (( Yeah. ))
Lance Brandt: (( unless its two seperate damage sources ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Ah, ok. Since these guys seem like they resist Necrotic ))
Crixsara: (( The enemy needs to resist all types that a damage deals to resist it. ))
Shrine Shadow 4: (( I was told it was just straight up "Takes full damage if one doesn't resist." ))
* Lance Brandt skids off to one side and raises his sword, "FIRE BLADE" then stabs the lith.
Lance Brandt: Fire Blade (Hit): « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » vs. AC
* Terralith 1 burns?!
Lance Brandt: Fire Blade (Damage): « 1d8+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 » Fire damage, and 4 fire damage to all enemies adjacent to target.
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 9 HP.
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 4 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( So should we not step in windtime? ))
Terralith 1: (( You can. ))
Lance Brandt: (( you might get a rock monster in the face ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Well, if it doesn't resist one of two elements, it counts as resist 0. ))
Terralith 1: (( That all for your turn then? ))
Lance Brandt: (( yeah ))
Zorya Whiteshield has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( I don't have many minor action options yet ))
Lance Brandt: (( pogmy : ))
Terralith 1: (( Holding action. ))
* Terralith 2 grah!
* Terralith 2 rocket punches Lance!
* Fleed rolls: 1d12+9 => 2 + 9 = 11
* Terralith 2 is bad at rocket punch.
* Lance Brandt jumps on the punch and knocks it down
* Terralith 2 still has another hand! Fuck you!
* Fleed rolls: 1d12+9 => 1 + 9 = 10
* Terralith 2 even worse at rocket punch!
Lance Brandt: (( knocks the other one away with spellblade barries : ))
Shrine Shadow 1: ...hhh...
Lance Brandt: (( /me* ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Sorry, had to potty. ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 tears open a rift to Valgrind!
* Fleed rolls: 1d12+9 => 7 + 9 = 16
* Shrine Shadow 1 cannot besiege with shadow.
Anathia Cid has received initiative.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( i am still alive and not holding ))
Zorya Whiteshield has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( holy nuke it ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Shadow or Terralith? ))
Lance Brandt: (( shadow ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Nuke it, dot it, help teh welp grps ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( can I flank from there or no? ))
Celia Dunesend: (( You can ))
* Zorya Whiteshield scoots up and blasts the shadow in the back with SACRED FLAME!
Zorya Whiteshield:
Sacred Flame • Standard - Ranged 5 • Divine, Implement, Radiant
Is yous gonna sing? Or is my next shot goin' for ya kneecaps?
Attack = 25 vs. Reflex       Rolled: 18     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 11   Radiant       Rolled: 7     Bonuses: 4     Special: 2     Critical: 0
Hit: One Ally you can see can choose to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma (+3) + 1/2 your level or to make a saving throw.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( ))
Lance Brandt: (( 1 HP dance ))
Shrine Shadow 1: Shrine Shadow 1 loses 21 HP.
* Shrine Shadow 1 sways.
Meryl Kincaid: (( For the record I don't think you flank with ranged ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Unless you have that feat ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( You don't ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( 23 still hits! ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( It does! ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( But usually ranged next to a dude is badwrong ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( don't provoke OAs! ))
Lance Brandt: (( quick hit it with a stiff breeze ))
Anathia Cid has received initiative.
Christina DeMarsey: (( He used his AoO anyway ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Fair enough ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Sec. I'll take her turn ))
Anathia Cid: SHIT!!! Kono gun wa TOO MUCH HIGH POWER!! I will kiru this monster my TOMO YO!
Celia Dunesend: (( =_______= ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( And then Cid was Jack King ))
Lance Brandt: ... The hell?
Lance Brandt: (( TOO MUCH HIGH POWER MAN ))
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d20+8 Magic Weapon on Shadow 1 => 16 + 8 = 24
* Shrine Shadow 1 durf
Zorya Whiteshield: (( ahahahaah ))
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d10+4 => 1 + 4 = 5
Shrine Shadow 1: Shrine Shadow 1 loses 5 HP.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 11
Zorya Whiteshield: (( WELP ))
Lance Brandt: (( AHAHAHAH ))
Lance Brandt: (( it killed but god damn ))
* Shrine Shadow 1 dissipates into smoke!
Anathia Cid: YES!! Shinda you CREEPY MOUNTAIN MONKEY!
Lance Brandt: ... Well that was... Something
Meryl Kincaid: Ah think th' ol bird had a stroke.
Lance Brandt: I think the old woman needs to take a rest
Anathia Cid: (( does she have to roll acrobatics? ))
Aldun: (( No, the zone's gone. ))
Anathia Cid: HELLO my tomo yo!
Anathia Cid: (( Turn ver ))
Anathia Cid: (( over ))
* Aldun raises his staff! The terralith is accosted by the tornado!
Christina DeMarsey: (( Oh and Pygmy gets +4 to attack and damage until Cid's next turn ))
Lance Brandt: (( +1 to attack, +3 to damage ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Oh ok ))
* Aldun raises his staff high, and assaults the other golem with lightning!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+8 => 17 + 8 = 25
* Fleed rolls: 3d8+8 => 15 + 8 = 23
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 13 HP.
Christina DeMarsey: (( Oh Furu's sheet is LYING by saying his CON modifier is 4 ))
Lance Brandt: (( possibly ))
* Terralith 1 looks confused.
Lance Brandt: (( also hmm ))
* Terralith 1 spins mightily!
Lance Brandt: oh goody, this again
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 4 + 9 = 13
* Fleed rolls: 1d20+9 => 12 + 9 = 21
* Fleed rolls: 1d8+1 => 2 + 1 = 3
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid loses 3 HP.
* Terralith 1 knocks Meryl back through sheer spinnin' force!
Lance Brandt: (( and these things are like, SUPER resistant to electricity aren't they? ))
Christina DeMarsey has received initiative.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( But not to Holy! ))
Terralith 1: (( Yeah, they are. I feel kind of mean throwing Aldun at you guys because if he runs out of Encounter/Daily powers he's basically screwed, haha. ))
* Christina DeMarsey moves to engage Teralith one
Christina DeMarsey: Face me, monster!
* Terralith 1 spins!!
Lance Brandt: (( eh, more I can't just use my Lightning Clash to hit both ))
* Fleed rolls: 1d8 => 6
Christina DeMarsey: Christina DeMarsey loses 6 HP.
* Christina DeMarsey uses HOLY SWORD
Christina DeMarsey:
Holy Strike • Standard • Divine, Radiant, Weapon
You strike an enemy with your weapon, which ignites with holy light.
Attack = 23 vs. AC       Rolled: 14     Bonuses: 9
Damage = 9   Radiant       Rolled: 5     Bonuses: 4
Hit: If you marked the target you gain a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2).  
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 9 HP.
Christina DeMarsey: (( +2 ))
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 2 HP.
Terralith 1: (( ...actually I forgot about ))
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 recovers 2 HP.
Celia Dunesend has received initiative.
Celia Dunesend: (( Hmmmm~. ))
Celia Dunesend: "Lance! Go ahead and finish this pile of rocks off!"
* Celia Dunesend uses Commander's Strike! Lance, make a melee basic at +1 to hit and +4 damage.
* Lance Brandt stabe
Lance Brandt: Sword (Hit): « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 » vs. AC
* Terralith 1 tunk
Lance Brandt: Sword (Damage): « 1d8+9 = 7 + 9 = 16 »
* Terralith 1 spins all up in Celia's grill, regardless!
* Fleed rolls: 1d8 => 7
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend loses 7 HP.
Terralith 1: Terralith 1 loses 16 HP.
* Terralith 1 spins into a pile of rubble.
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 1
Lance Brandt: (( hurrrr ))
Lance Brandt: (( YOU GOD A FREE ROCK ))
Lance Brandt: (( got* ))
Meryl Kincaid has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: (( You should give us a bonus to the drop roll if we kill with a crit ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Get some OVERKILL up in ))
Terralith 1: (( That's actually not a bad idea, I'll keep it in mind. ))
* Meryl Kincaid digs in her heel and makes a break for the last Terralith, holding her axe up and screaming like a mad woman. So like usual.
Meryl Kincaid:
Howling Strike • Standard • Primal, Weapon
Ah'm comin' fer ya!
Attack = 9 vs. AC       Rolled: 2     Bonuses: 7
Damage = 19   Physical       Rolled: 12     Bonuses: 7     Special: 2     Critical: 0
Special: May use while charging and +2 to charge distance if raging.
Bonuses: +1 to hit if charging.
Terralith 2: ???
Zorya Whiteshield: (( V: ))
Lance Brandt: (( screaming like herself? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yeah there's no way I can hit him. Yaaaay ))
Lance Brandt: (( also I think I got this ))
Crixsara has received initiative.
Lance Brandt: (( or Umb ))
Crixsara: Let's finish this, *kupo*.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wwj0tuvoi0 ((-- This is Meryl right now ))
Crixsara:
Magical Accelerant • Minor • N/A
Crixsara shoots a foe with a shell containing a magical mixture intended to make the target more susceptible to magic gunner rounds.
Effect: Target creature becomes covered in a magical accelerant. If the creature is later hit by a Magic Gunner attack, they may choose to deal an extra 2d6 damage (one of the d6 is Psychic). This damage can only be triggered once per turn.
Zorya Whiteshield: (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wwj0tuvoi0 ((-- This is Meryl right now ))
Crixsara:
Magic Shot • Standard - Ranged 10 • Arcane, Implement
Crixsara shoots a basic magical bullet at an enemy.
Attack = 14 vs. Ref       Rolled: 8     Bonuses: 6
Damage = 12   Physical       Rolled: 7     Bonuses: 5     Critical: 0
Special: This power can be used in the place of a Ranged Basic Attack, and counts as such for all abilities.
Potential Bonuses: Hidden Sniper (Gain CA against target if you have concealment against it), Prime Shot (If you are the closest ally to the target, gain +1 damage)
Terralith 2: Terralith 2 loses 12 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Link it in IRC since I can't YouTube and MapTool at the same time ))
* Terralith 2 cracks apart and crumbles!
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 19
Lance Brandt: (( yay ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( This thing is basically two toasters and a curling iron ))
Lance Brandt: (( and some paper clips? ))
Lance Brandt: Well that was amusing
Aldun: Ah... well, then.
Meryl Kincaid: Too bad rocks never have anythin' good on em.
* Meryl Kincaid kicks a pile of rubble that used to be a Terralith.
Aldun: And they're even stronger down here...
Meryl Kincaid: There's sure enough of em that if'n they did, we'd have somethin' goin.
Lance Brandt: Well of course they're more powerful, think about where we probably are
* Zorya Whiteshield pants heavily, then rushes out into the rubble heap and throws both arms in the air. "WHOOO! IN YO FACCCCE."
* Zorya Whiteshield hops up and down and grinds her foot into an undead face.
Lance Brandt: Also, I would like to repeat, standing in the center is probably a bad idea
Aldun: Indeed. If this is indeed where the Crystal lies, it may bean effect of its proximity...
Meryl Kincaid: Yer a weirdun.
Lance Brandt: (( bean! ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "I-I'm sorry, I'm just pumped from the realization that I'm at rock bottom! I've lost everything, including my self respect. There's nowhere to go but up!"
Fleed: As if on cue, the center platform begins to shift and clatter, but this time moves upwards, into the ceiling, followed by two more in succession.
Zorya Whiteshield: "Whoop!"
Lance Brandt: Crap!
Crixsara: (( Suddenly, Zorya was crushed. ))
* Zorya Whiteshield falls off the platform?
Fleed: (( Center enough for me. ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Eh heh... heh heh... heh... is everyone okay?"
Lance Brandt: Told you
Meryl Kincaid: Peachy.
Celia Dunesend: I'm fine."
Fleed: Once again, the 'elevator' ascends... bringing another occupant with the next iteration.
Christina DeMarsey: Some minor scrapes but otherwise fine.
Lance Brandt: hnn
Celia Dunesend: (( ...Oh jeez ))
Minotaur: ...
Lance Brandt: (( only one minotaur? ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Uhh, can we do this fight another day? ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( If he does not talk in all lowercase I will be disappointed ))
Minotaur: ...YES.
Lance Brandt: Well atleast this one talks...
Lance Brandt: instead of making awful hissing noises
* Minotaur simply stomps at the central platform, and a display of amber flashes surrounds the room, before the elevator descends once more!
Lance Brandt: Oh god damn it
* Lance Brandt goes to retrieve the book to see if it does anything
Meryl Kincaid: (( (Minotaur) SEE YA LATER, FUCKERS. ))
Crixsara: ... *kupo*.
Crixsara: That was odd.
Meryl Kincaid: So wat, izzit some kinda arena?
Zorya Whiteshield: "Err..."
Celia Dunesend: "More things coming after us? Whatever is down there really, really does not want us approaching closer."
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Fleed if you make an Iron Will joke I will love you forever. ))
Fleed: The book pulses slightly with the same amber light. Once again, all of the statues are fixated in Lance's direction, as if staring at him.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Don't be shy, look him in the eye. ))
* Lance Brandt holds onto the book, "Alright, don't attack the statues this time, I think."
Christina DeMarsey: "We didn't last time."
Zorya Whiteshield: (( ))
Lance Brandt: Well don't do it now either!
Fleed: The elementals do not seem as concerned about the book, however, and slowly begin their advance, hovering menacingly.
* Zorya Whiteshield stands up, dusts herself off, and peers up at the extremely tall person.
Celia Dunesend: (( Can we really move this to another day? ))
Celia Dunesend: (( please? ))
Fleed: (( If you insist, I guess. ))
Zorya Whiteshield: "Alright LISTEN."
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 6
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 7
* Fleed rolls: 1d20 => 16
Christina DeMarsey: (( We have been playing for like 4 hours ))
Lance Brandt: (( yeah, just take inits and we can call it ))
Christina DeMarsey: roll 1d20+2 Initiative
Lance Brandt: Initiative: « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 »
* Mechalomaniac rolls: 1d20+2 Initiative THIS IS NOT SCHALA => 19 + 2 = 21
Fleed: (( Just gonna use what's still here. ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( oh ok ))
Meryl Kincaid has received initiative.
Meryl Kincaid: (( Is this gonna be one of those "it's all the same encounter!" thing, or did we get back all our shit? ))
Fleed: (( I'll say you had at least a little bit of time to figure shit out, so take a surge and get your encounters back. ))
Aldun: Aldun recovers 8 HP.
Meryl Kincaid: Meryl Kincaid recovers 9 HP.
Anathia Cid: Anathia Cid recovers 9 HP.
Lance Brandt: Lance Brandt recovers 6 HP.
* Celia Dunesend talks her own pain off.
* Tilus rolls: 1d6 Inspiring Word -> self => 6
Christina DeMarsey: Christina DeMarsey recovers 9 HP.
Celia Dunesend: Celia Dunesend recovers 11 HP.
Lance Brandt: (( oh man I've burned through surges ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I've got nine left, so let me take point if you need to ))
Christina DeMarsey: (( Ditto ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Nine surges and the second highest HP, so I can mitigate a lot ))
Lance Brandt: (( I think I'll be fine for this ))
Lance Brandt: (( just down to 4/9 ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( For the sake of not being sure if we need to take on the Minotaur, try to play a little conservatively ))
Fleed: (( ...hm ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I know you're more offensive, but still ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Leave something in the tank ))
Fleed: (( I will say, though. ))
Fleed: (( If you chew through the elementals now, that's enough for L3. ))
Fleed: (( Or we can just do what we did last time and you premake your L3 tokens for next week and just do the fight then. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( I'd say that would work. Knowing we're leveling up soon gives us time to work out what we're gonna take ))
Zorya Whiteshield: whee
Meryl Kincaid: (( I've not looked at L3 encounters yet ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Nor have I really ))
Lance Brandt: (( I have mine picked out ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( By the way, Teals ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Yeah? ))
Lance Brandt: (( it'll be slightly useless in this dungeon but uh, two attacks and huge movement is still a thing ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Does Warlord have any powers that attack and then an ally also attacks? ))
Crixsara: (( I've already selected stuff for next level ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Or are you purely directing us ))
Celia Dunesend: (( Maybe ))
Lance Brandt: (( I know there's hammer and anvil ))
Celia Dunesend: (( I haven't looked really deep into warlord's power list ))
Lance Brandt: (( can't recall if thats an encounter or not ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Fair enough ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( At low levels it makes sense, but I imagine as we get up there just giving an ally a basic wouldn't be terribly useful ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Well except me because STR is my primary, so my basic is always gonna be good ))
Lance Brandt: (( same ))
Crixsara: (( It scales a bit better with some other classes, since they get "You can use this power as a basic attack" ))
Crixsara: (( Also a bunch of the Elements melee classes proc their stuff on MBAs. ))
Meryl Kincaid: (( Yeah, if we had a Beast Forming Druid still, Grasping Claws can be used as a basic ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( ))
Lance Brandt: (( it'll be good for when we have kulo ))
Crixsara: (( Like the Elements TWF Ranger can always use it's TWF if a Warlord grants it a MBA, while the Core TWF Ranger can't. ))
Zorya Whiteshield: (( Cleric is so much better in every way ))
Lance Brandt: (( all orgunbine's stuff procs off MB ))
Fleed: Anyway. Campaign saved.
Crixsara: (( Since the Elements TWF power is an at-will that procs on a MBA hitting. ))
Yuu Inohara is disconnected.
Tilus is disconnected.
Fleed is disconnected.
Threden is disconnected.
Blaine is disconnected.